TaxAudit Blog

Category: Tax Professionals

Colorful balls with numbers

Lottery earnings are generally reported on Form W-2G, taxed as ordinary income, and expected to be reported as “other income” on the federal tax return.

Read More ›

Path going through the woods

When a person is ineligible to receive a Social Security number, an Individual Tax Identification Number or ITIN must be obtained in order to file a tax return.

Read More ›

Man using a calculator

This installment of Know Your Pro will introduce you to a different kind of Pro here at TaxAudit. With in-depth knowledge of all the services we offer...

Read More ›

Calculator that says Tax Help? on top of 1040 tax forms

A long time ago, before there were tax software programs, before our social welfare programs were written into the Internal Revenue code, and when Federal...

Read More ›

Tax Return Preparer Credentials

All paid tax return preparers are required to have an IRS PTIN (Preparer Tax Identification Number) which they must enter on the tax returns they prepare.

Read More ›

TAX spelled out with tiles

They say that happy employees make for happy customers, and at TaxAudit those happy employees start with managers like Eric.

Read More ›

Pie Chart with 1/3 a 1040 tax form

Enter Dave Du Val! Dave is our Vice President of Customer Advocacy and among many other things, a tax expert. He sat down with me and set my head straight.

Read More ›

expert highlighted

Introducing Carolyn Richardson! Our highly effective and experienced tax audit professional from Hawaii! With her three decades of tax experience,…

Read More ›


This blog does not provide legal, financial, accounting, or tax advice. The content on this blog is “as is” and carries no warranties. TaxAudit does not warrant or guarantee the accuracy, reliability, and completeness of the content of this blog. Content may become out of date as tax laws change. TaxAudit may, but has no obligation to monitor or respond to comments.